ARC Document Solutions Ltd/ ARC UK Technologies Ltd
Updated 24th May 2018
What information does ARC collect?
ARC collects information through use of ARC Sites, including: Device Information – We may collect information about devices running ARC Sites, including platform, a unique ARC-generated ID, OS version, IP address, carrier information, and a country code.
- Application Usage Information – We collect information about how ARC Sites are used, such as the frequency and duration of usage.
- Website Information – We may collect information provided on the ARC Sites such as contact information or feedback.
- Personally, Identifiable Information – We may collect personally identifiable information shared with ARC Sites.
- Personally, identifiable information collected may include information like name, email address, location, gender, interests, device, app usage, user ID, and contact information.
This personal information collected confirms to GDPR regulations
Does ARC collect real time location information?
ARC may collect device location information if location services are enabled for any ARC Sites on the device. We could use location information to provide users of the ARC Sites with information relevant to them based on their location.
How does ARC use information collect from you?
- ARC Internal Use – We use information we collect to help us provide and optimize the services offered on the ARC Sites, and to monitor and improve the ARC Sites and our services.
- Third Parties – We will share information we collect with third parties only in ways described in this privacy statement.
- Specifically, we may disclose information we collect:
- to third parties as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
- to third parties as we deem necessary, based on our good faith belief.
- to protect our rights, user safety, or the safety of others.
- to investigate fraud.
- to respond to a government request.
- to trusted services providers who work on our behalf, who do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and who have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in the privacy statement; and iv. to our affiliated companies, and to third parties in conjunction with a merger, acquisition or sale of ARC.
If ARC is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, affected users will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the ARC Sites
of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices users may have regarding this information.
Automatic data collection
We automatically collect information about how ARC Sites are used, such as the frequency and duration of usage. This includes details about mobile devices, such as a unique ARC-generated ID for the mobile device. We share anonymous information about use of their respective ARC Sites with third parties, including the way ARC Sites are used, which facilitates improvements to the ARC Sites.
You may opt out of the collection of location information by turning off location services for ARC Sites on your device. You may opt out of the collection of personally identifiable information by not providing that information to ARC Sites.
Data retention policy, managing your information
ARC will retain information collected throughout the life of each user’s use of ARC Sites except where prohibited by law.
If you would like us to delete User Information and Automatically Collected information associated with your record, please contact us at PrivacyTeam@e-arc.co.uk. We will keep anonymous information and may need to retain some identifying information to ensure that your request continues to be honoured. Your information will be deleted from our active database but may remain in our archives.
If we are required to maintain certain information about you, we will comply with your deletion request after fulfilling any legal requirements.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of user information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorised employees who need to know that information to operate, develop or improve our Services.
Attn: Privacy Team PrivacyTeam@e-arc.co.uk
If you’d like more information, please contact us and we'll do our best to help.